To view previous session recordings, please see the View Anytime below.
What is International Education Week (IEW)?
Each November, the Department of State and the Department of Education celebrate and promote the benefits of international education and exchange during IEW. Campuses nationwide participate in this annual celebration.
IEW at UC Santa Cruz
The Division of Global Engagement partners with departments, colleges, and offices across campus to provide our community with a wide range of intercultural, international, and globally-themed events during IEW. This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your cultural perspective by sharing with and learning from others.
Join us in celebrating IEW 2022
Special International-Themed Dining Menu
Monday, November 14 | College 9/John R. Lewis Dining Hall
As part of our International Education Week Kickoff, College 9/JRL Dining Hall will be featuring a special international-themed menu. Stop by the dining hall on this day to enjoy a meal of worldwide flavors. Menu includes:
Entree – Huli Huli Chicken | Sesame Roasted Tempeh (vegan) | Coconut Basmati Rice
Grill Station – Italian
World Tours Station – Mac and Cheese Bar (vegetarian)
Entree – Asian Flank Steak | Baked General Tso Tofu (vegan) | Steamed Bok Choy | Sticky Rice
World Tours Station – Taqueria (vegan options available)
An on-campus dining meal plan is required for entry. Students and guests may also pay using the GET App.
All programs below are free of charge and open to all students and scholars, international and domestic. Times are listed in Pacific Time. Some programs require registration.
Monday, November 14
MIIS: Pursuing International Education | 12:00 – 13:00 |
- Are you interested in graduate studies in International Education? Were you aware that this type of field exists?
- Come and learn more about the field of International Education and the Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS), located in Monterey.
International Education Week Kickoff | 19:30 – 21:00 | Namaste Lounge
- We are kicking off International Education Week with a bang. Come swing by the Namaste Lounge at C9/JRL to celebrate our campus’ global diversity with our activities fair.
- Free boba, international snacks, and raffle prizes for attendees.
- This session is hosted in partnership with the College 9/John R. Lewis College Student Life team.
Tuesday, November 15
Career Support Services for International Students – Get to Know UCSC Career Success! | 11:30 – 12:30 |
- Get some practical insight into how UCSC Career Success can support you with your career goals here in the US.
- Topics will include how to search for a job, what your resume should include, preparing for a job interview, and how to navigate LinkedIn and use it to your full advantage.
- This session is hosted in partnership with UCSC Career Success.
Wednesday, November 16
El Mundo Es Tuyo: Global Learning Opportunities for LatinX/E/@ Students | 17:00 – 18:00 |
- Come learn the benefits of global learning opportunities as a Latinx/e/@ student; overcoming different challenges of studying abroad/away including finances, fitting study abroad/away into your degree plan, and talking to your family; climate on race & identity in different cultural contexts; experiences of other Latinx/e/@ students who have studied abroad/away; domestic programs; and much more!
- This session is hosted in partnership with the UCSC ChicanX/LatinX Resource Center, El Centro.
Thursday, November 17
International Takeover at the MAH | 17:00 – 18:30 | Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History |
- Come join the international community for our takeover at the MAH. We’ll be welcomed by the museum staff and then given the opportunity to explore on our own.
- Take a preview of some of their current exhibitions.
Global Mingle at Woodstock’s Pizza | 18:30 – 20:00 | Woodstock’s Pizza |
- Global Engagement will be hosting our annual global mingle at Woodstock’s Pizza to celebrate our global diversity.
- Join us for an evening of good food and company. We ask all interested attendees to register by Friday, November 11 to provide an accurate count to the venue and ensure we accommodate all dietary preferences.
- Stay afterward past 20:00 for trivia night at Woodstock’s with an international twist.
Friday, November 18
Going Global at UCSC | 11:00 – 12:00 |
- Interested in studying abroad or away as part of your UCSC degree? Join us to discover international, domestic, and virtual Global Learning opportunities.
- Learn how to fulfill degree requirements, create budgets, use financial aid, find scholarships, and first steps to take on your Global Learning journey.
- This session is hosted by our Global Learning Peer Advisors.
Story Circles | 19:00 – 20:30 (Pacific Time) |
- Story Circles offers an opportunity for people of different backgrounds to come together and learn about cultural similarities and differences by sharing stories elicited by conversation prompts. Sharing is by choice and not required.
- Come share your personal story and learn from others as you make and grow intercultural connections.
Beyond OPT: Immigration After Graduation Workshop
Top 10 Strategies to Boost Your International Study and Career Planning