April 30, 2019
UCEAP is accepting applications for the Undergraduate Research Awards! The University of California Education Abroad Program offers undergraduate research awards annually in three disciplinary areas: the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Each award consists of a $1,000 stipend.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize undergraduate students who have distinguished themselves through their excellence in research conducted while abroad on UCEAP and to encourage other students to become involved in research efforts abroad. These awards also recognize UC’s initiatives to internationalize the undergraduate educational experience and promote undergraduate research activities.
Former or current UCEAP students may apply for the UCEAP undergraduate research awards provided that they:
- Conducted research in any academic discipline as an undergraduate student on UCEAP
- Will have completed a final paper based on that research by the end of spring term 2019
- Have been an enrolled UC student within six months of the application deadline
Research in any academic discipline is eligible for these awards.
Deadline: Students must submit completed applications electronically from May 1, 2019 to August 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org .Projects completed after this date may be submitted for consideration in the following year.
Please read the following carefully as the application instructions have changed. A completed application includes:
- An Application Form (http://eap.ucop.edu/Documents/FinancialSupport/1213/2015_Undergraduate_Research_Award_Application.doc)
- A student statement* including the following:
- A one-page (double-spaced) program description: Where? When? For how long? What kind of coursework or other experiential learning opportunities did it include? Be sure to explain how the project fits in to the overall education abroad experience
- A two-page (double-spaced) project description summarizing the research topic or goals, methodology or approach, results or outcomes, and relevance to the discipline(s) and/or community
- A one-page (double-spaced) description of how the education abroad experience and the time you spent on-site enhanced your learning experience, your personal experience, and your academic, personal, and/or professional goals contributed to the student’s learning and research activities
- Project output: link(s) or document(s) such as photos of artistic productions, links to online portfolios or videos, academic papers, posters, or presentations etc.
- A Faculty Recommendation Form (http://eap.ucop.edu/Documents/FinancialSupport/1213/2015_Undergraduate_Research_Award_Faculty_Rec_Form.doc), completed by the faculty advisor most familiar with the research or creative project
*Please include the program description, project description, and education abroad experience in one word document with titles for each section
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.