Welcome, new international students.
Do you want an insider’s guide to life here at UCSC? Are you looking for ways to make new connections and get involved with the international community?
What is the Global Mentorship Program?
The Global Mentorship Program (GMP) pairs new international students (mentees) with trained Global Mentors (GM) who are knowledgeable and experienced UCSC students. Mentees are matched with mentors after orientation and stay connected during their first two quarters at UCSC. The mentorship helps new international Frosh, transfers, and exchange students transition to the UCSC campus community by connecting them to campus resources, engaging them in activities, and offering a support system as they navigate cultural, academic, and social challenges.
Our Global Mentors consist of continuing undergraduate students who are passionate about working with new international students.
What does the program offer?
- An instant connection to UCSC for new international students
- Connections with domestic and international slugs from around the world
- Get-togethers, where mentors and mentees get to know one another
- Monthly community activities such as virtual movie nights, study groups, dinners, and in-person gatherings when safe
- Large quarterly events including in-person day trips to local attractions like the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
How do I sign up?
Contact us at email@example.com.