Global Leaders (GLs) serve an integral role in the successful transition of incoming international students starting from summer engagement and culminating in International Student Orientation. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated student leaders who have strong interpersonal skills and a genuine desire to help new international students.
During International Student Orientation, Global Leaders will assist in developing and leading activities and programs to foster community building amongst new students. They assist in the setup and teardown of orientation-related events, provide staffing needs, and maintain active communication with their students throughout the duration of orientation. Additionally, Global Leaders will assist with Follow-On Orientation sessions that take place during the first part of fall quarter.
Why should you be a Global Leader?
- Personal Development: You will interact with people from all over the world, learn a lot about yourself as you help others, and learn about other cultures and experiences
- Professional Development: You will have the chance to develop leadership, intercultural communication, and professional skills while gaining valuable experience from working in orientation to put on your resume
- Invaluable Peer Engagement: You will play a large part in helping new students begin their careers as UCSC Slugs
Global Leader Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of in-person/online International Student Orientations from leading community-building activities and social events, to assisting with event logistics
- Connect with incoming international students beginning in the summer and through fall orientation
- Lead a group of new students through International Student Orientation
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training throughout the summer and academic year
- Other duties as assigned
View the Global Leader job description.
- Length of term: summer-fall quarters, with the option of working in Winter
- 1-40 hours per week
- Early summer: 10 hours of online training and programming
- Late summer: Up to 40 hours per week (two weeks prior to the beginning of fall quarter)
- $15/hour for training, meetings, and orientations
Who can apply?
International or domestic students who:
- Have been at UCSC for at least two (2) quarters
- Have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
How do I apply?
Applicants must complete the following by Friday, April 29, 2022, in order to be considered:
- Submit an application through ERS #8351 (Must upload resume)
- Supplemental Application
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.